Friday, March 8, 2019

Family History for Sigonella


Our Young Women needed an activity to incorporate Family History.  I have only limited experience with family history, I am so blessed that my relatives have done most of the research and temple work, even published books with records available outside Family Search.  I do have some expertize in Personal History so I put together an activity to include creating a method they could add to regularly and begin identifying events in their personal history. I had all four Young Women and their mothers at my apartment on Wednesday.  I shared with them a personal history story “ The Red Shawl” to help them understand the importance of writing your story either by hand or digitally.  We started with identifying an event in each of their lives they wanted to be able to tell others in their family.  I worked with them on setting, characterization, and plot.  The last proof before they shared each story was to examine the verbs for active voice instead of passive voice.  It was a productive night, the girls each shared their story, the moms were more hesitant but some shared hilarious stories.  All went home chattering about the things they remembered.  Part 1 of Personal History off and running.
Young Women discussing events.

Allison Martinson sharing her boat story!

"There must be something we can write about."

Detailed full page presentation from Audrey!

No comments:

Post a Comment