Sunday, March 4, 2018

Emily Dianne Keetch Anderson


This was a difficult week to be in Italy.  Monday, Beth Wilson, our niece sent a message of the hospitalization and end of life preparations for our dear sister-in-law Dianne.  She has been suffering with health complications since last summer.  I talked to her just before we left the country and she seemed or at least she made our departure easier by telling us she was improving and feeling much better.  I told her I was counting on her being in UT to greet us as we returned in 2019. She assured me she would be waiting for our stories. That will not happen.

 We struggled most of the week with emptiness and homesick feelings wanting to be there for her service.   The blessing and tender mercy of the week was waking up on Saturday morning to see a post that Kaci flew from Arizona, Mike flew from Colorado and Ashley flew from California then drove for two hours to attend that service and represent our family.  I was overwhelmed by their sacrifice and willingness to take up the slack when we couldn’t. Their smiling faces at the cemetery brought tears of gratitude and love flowing down my face.  I love my family.


No comments:

Post a Comment