Sunday, October 25, 2015

FIRST Robotics at South China University of Technology


I have great memories of working with the five Canyons District High Schools in the First Robotics partnership.  The high school teams and their dedicated advisors were able to create  A-1 class robots that competed well in the region as well as Hillcrest High School and Brighton High School moving to the National Competition the first year they competed.

Last week as I finished my classes on the seventh floor of teaching building #31, I could see a gathering of students on the main floor.  As I made it down the stairs students were managing computers outside a secure area.  It was the lunch break so many students had stopped by to watch the exhibit.  Soon there were small plastic balls flying outside the area and students were excited about what the robots were doing.  The sound of Chinese students watching the demonstration echoed all through the building. 

There were two sets of robots, three robots were a blue team and three were a red team. The students on the exterior of the netting were driving the robots around the jumps and lifts, on two wheels at fast corners and all sorts of stunts were being performed.  I was unable to read the Chinese sign but my best guess is First Robotics has arrived at SCUT!




No comments:

Post a Comment