Monday, October 12, 2015

Chinese Internet


Chinese Internet is a source of continual frustration.  It is censored and distributed only by the government; it makes me smile every time I get a message to “contact my internet provider.”

Accessing the Internet is a feat all by itself.  The university provides our server.  In 2013 when we were here it was a struggle to use the Internet, two years later it is near impossible to use the Internet.  The university has increased in size more that 20,000 students and professors to cover that increase in population without any change or upgrade in the server that provides Internet access to both professors and students. When the students are not in class and trying to research or write papers “good luck” with using the Internet.  If I really need to get something done I set an alarm for 3:00AM to use the Internet.

Think of the worst Internet service you can imagine, Comcast, Time Warner, or Cox Network are the services I have experienced. All are a thousand times better and more available that the Internet service provided in China!

Enough said, that is Chinese Internet in a nutshell!

No comments:

Post a Comment