Monday, May 19, 2014

Mold and Mildew


If you have a smart phone download a weather app and track the weather in Guangzhou.  We are now entering the third straight week of downpour.  I would not consider it rain, downpour describes what breaks open the sky and dumps.  Every time it starts I expect it to hit hard and quick then clear out but now after three weeks of this I understand that it isn’t going to clear out.  It is always cloudy intermittent showers and downpours but always raining.  This weeks forecast is more of the same. We initially hoped for May 1st to be the time for sunshine we have now revamped our hopes for June 1st.  I know I live in a rain forest and this is the rainy season but enough already!

The elimination process has begun already, little ahead of schedule.  I am beginning to clean things out that will not be returning to Utah with us.  The mold and mildew process has helped me make critical decisions.  Every day I find something new with mold or mildew growing on it.  I throw it our as quickly as I can but I have become a bit paranoid about the whole process.  I feel like I smell of mold everywhere I go, between the inset repellent and mold I am sure we are just like the Snoopy character Linus and travel with the interesting cloud combination of insect repellent and mold.  I am looking forward to returning to the Utah desert, a little hot and dry sounds pretty great right now.

 Shoes and belts

 Pants
 Skirts
 Walls, ceiling and windows

No comments:

Post a Comment