Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Last Lecture-Craig


I am going to use Craig's entry to introduce his Last Lecture.  Since he is brief and to the point I will supplement with photos to make to a photo journalism entry.  In this case a photo is really worth a thousand words.

"Tuesday evening and my Lecture is over, happy day and no more worries or prepping for the action.  Actually I think things went pretty well in spite of the heat and uncomfortable classroom arrangements.  I delivered an hours worth of information on my nearly 30 years of Air Force/Air National Guard career.  It appeared that most of the people attending were able to stay awake.  Kathy and a student, Jack, were very helpful in running the technology and all I all I think the briefing was informative, probably not very entertaining but the good part, it’s over.  WX was hot and humid but no rain today sky conditions are cloudy and gray most of the time but we’re grateful that the rains have stopped at least momentarily."

The audience was nearly all young men graduate students.  They are very interested in airplanes in general but even more so of the U.S. Air Force.  It was surprising to me how much of the technical information they understood.  Questions about specific models of the KC 135, engines, air speed, and specific missions.  Craig steered around questions about the VietNam War.  I always wonder about what they have been told and taught about in their classes.  Craig made one comment that took to air out of the room when he was discussing his job during the VietNam War.  His priority for the mission was to make sure as they flew from Okinawa over the South China Sea into the Gulf of Tonkin without penetrating Chinese Air Space because the Chinese would shoot down a U.S. Air Force plane.  " We were not your friends then! Maybe were not your friends now!" Silence.





















No comments:

Post a Comment