Saturday, June 16, 2018

Father's Day 2018


Father’s Day 2018 finds us in Italy.  We are serving a Military Relations Mission at NAS Sigonella.  I would never have guessed or anticipated that I would share my 70th birthday with Father’s Day in Italy.  My life is amazing!

I have been greatly blessed in the Father department! My own dad was a strong figure in my growing up years, my husband has been a strength to my children.  My sons, Mike and Garrett and my sons-in-law, Bill and Jeff are great blessings to my grandchildren.  All four are participating fathers no “arm chair quarterbacks” in this family.

I can remember as a child learning to dance on my dad’s shoes.  I stood on his feet as he taught me to waltz in the living room watching Lawernce Welk. That resulted in many years of dance lessons. He taught me how to drive a stick shift on his Farmall tractor.  He taught me how to bridle a horse and ride bareback when I was too little to lift the saddle on the horse. He taught me to work hard and never give up, he taught me to solve problems with what ever I had!  Figure out how to make it work! He gave me huge responsibilities and expected them to be done right! He taught me to respect and trust those who deserved it. I have carried those character traits with me through my life, they have provided well for me.
Mom and Dad in Salt Lake City!


Craig has been a loving caring dad to our four children.  We were in the Air Force and he was gone from our home but never from our hearts.  We learned early on how to bridge that gap. Craig was at survival training preparing for his rotation to the Vietnam war when Kaci joined our family.  We found that continued to be the case on special occasions as Kaci, Mike, Ashley and Garrett grew up.  We learned that any special day we needed to celebrate could be moved until Craig returned.  I even moved Christmas one year when Kaci and Mike were small in Wichita, Kansas. We celebrated our own Christmas when Craig returned not the one the rest of the world celebrated.  We figured out how to make it work.  
Craig fathering in Catania!

Fifty years of parenting!

Craig and Mike fathering in Palermo!



It is the great blessing in my life now to watch Bill, Mike, Jeff and Garrett be amazing dads.  They are naturals, they participate in every aspect of fatherhood, they seem to never miss a beat! I have to say I scored big the Father department all the way around! So thankful for these great men in my life!

Mike fathering in Colorado!

Bill fathering in Arizona!

Jeff fathering in California!

Garrett fathering in Taipei!


No comments:

Post a Comment